Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a range of frequently asked questions. These will enable you to make an informed decision, based on more than price, and will result in a more certain and stress-free experience.
We offer a full Garden Design & Build service, a full planting service, a mini jobs service and a garden maintenance service.
To learn more about each of the services, please click on the links below:
Design and build
We believe in listening to you. It is your garden, so your thoughts are vital when we create a space tailored for you. Designing, building, and planting your perfect garden should be an exciting and enjoyable experience. After all it is exciting adding value to your home.
Our landscaping best practices and workmanship will make a huge difference to not only how good your garden looks when its’s finished but ultimately, it’s longevity.
Our ethos of enthusiasm, creativity, and commitment to the finer details of every project is reflected in our 5 Star rating on Google Reviews.
Yes. LandArt Limited is insured by Optis Insurance. Public Liability: €6,500,000. Employers Liability: €13,000,000
Garden Design & Build
Normally we ask you to send on:
• Photos of your garden, and a site plan, (only if you have one)
• Short brief of what you hope to achieve
• If you have any inspiration pictures from our Design Gallery or ideas from Pinterest
• If you have a budget in mind, now is a good time to mention it.
With this information, we can get a clear understanding of the size of the garden and the scale of the project and we can promptly advise what the next steps are.
Yes. The fee varies depending on where you live and which service you request. At this meeting, one of our Senior Designers will meet with you in your garden and we will discuss the brief with you, assess the garden, give our expert advice and discuss options and the next steps with you.
Yes. We will advise early on what the cost of the design will be. Price of Garden Design will depend on the size and complexity of the site and the design
Our typical 2D Garden Design package includes:
• Survey the gardens to undertake site analysis and take measurements
• Draw up analysis base plan
• Design concept produced
• Picture Mood Board
• Full 2D Garden Masterplan created
• 2D Hard Landscaping Set Out Plan
• 2D Lighting Plan
• Follow up design meeting
Yes. We can also produce amazing photorealistic 3D visuals – price of these will depend on the size and complexity of the site and the design.
We will issue you a fully itemised quotation, for your approval. Once the quotation has been accepted, we will forward you a booking deposit invoice and we can then set a date in the Construction Teams diary.
This is always difficult to answer this question. It depends on the complexity of the design; materials to be used and features to be incorporated. We will always give you an indication of how long we estimate the build to take, based on the design and quotation you receive.
A typical garden construction will go through 8 stages.
- The first stage is demolition. This is breaking down and removal of any existing garden walls, fences, garden sheds or buildings etc.
- The second stage is the groundworks stage. The is the setting out of the Garden Design and preparing the garden with hardcore and any concrete foundations, if required.
- Third stage is the building stage. This where garden walls, step structures, fences or structures will get built.
- Fourth stage is the hard landscaping stage. This is where the paving, pathways, step cladding and/or garden edging will be laid.
- Fifth stage is the garden levels and beds preparation. This is where topsoil and/or compost is added where necessary to the flower beds, raised beds and lawn areas.
- Sixth stage is the planting stage. This is where the hedges are planted, the trees are placed, planted and staked and then the shrubs/perennials are placed and planted. All the newly planted areas are then top dressed with mulch.
- Seventh stage is the lawn stage. This can be either prepping the ground and laying new rollout turf or prepping the ground and laying artificial lawn.
- Eighth stage is the laying of pebbles on pathways, cleaning down all hard surfaces, watering in new plants and new lawns and final handover to client.
No, we organise everything for you. If you wish to supply accessories such as furniture, BBQ, pizza oven, we will design the project around the product and specification.
Once work starts, not all builds go to plan as there may be hidden surprises under the ground like pipes or cables that need to be moved. Rest assured, we will work alongside you to resolve any issues and to ensure we deliver the garden you wanted. We have experience in navigating the unknown and unpredictable elements.
Outdoor lighting systems require installation by a professional electrician. We work with a company called Complete Electrical Group and can get you a quotation for the work involved. If you decide to go ahead, we will arrange for the works to be carried out.
Yes. We have set up a dedicated Horticultural Team specifically to cater for our planting jobs.
Yes. We can most certainly help. If you are looking for screening trees, you have come to the right place! We are experts in sourcing and planting screening trees, such as pleached trees, espalier trees and large evergreen trees.
Yes, absolutely. We will help you design the softscaping & we often work closely with Architects and builders to ensure there is smooth transition to the planting phase of the project.
Yes. We will give you the best advice about what trees, hedges and plants are most suitable for your garden. We will source and plant all the planting as well. We will also offer advice post planting on watering and aftercare.
Plants grown in pots can be planted at any time of the year. If you require large hedges or deciduous trees, these can often be got as a rootball, available between Autumn and Spring, during the dormant season.
Yes, we can install an irrigation system. We always recommend an irrigation system for newly planted mature trees, newly planted mature hedges and large gardens with a lot of new planting.
Mini Jobs & Garden Maintenance
Yes. Our Horticultural Team are on hand to tackle all things soft landscaping.
Yes. We can supply and fit beautiful pots, troughs and plants to brighten up any balcony.
Yes, we can add planters, topiary and seasonal bedding to the entrance doorways. We can tidy up the gardens and cut back overgrown shrubs. We can plant screening trees in areas of the garden that are overlooked by neighbours’ windows. We can replace the lawn or lay an artificial lawn.
Yes. LandArt’s professional garden maintenance team are here to help! Our experienced gardeners will keep your garden maintained to the highest of standards and looking vibrant and healthy. We offer a complete landscape maintenance solution for all your garden needs whether that is ongoing garden maintenance or one-off overhauls. We can help with:
- Hedge clipping and pruning
- Weed removal/management
- Improving soil structure
- Fertiliser applications
- Pest and disease control
- Lawn care including mowing, edges, coring, top dressing and fertilising
- Irrigation installation or repair
Pressure cleaning outdoor surfaces
We would love to speak to you about creating your perfect outdoor space, so get in touch today
Fully accredited member of the Garden & Landscape Designers Association (GLDA)